Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme that is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s theme is villains. Most of the books I read don’t really have a villain, so I really had to look back through my goodreads page to find some. But I did found some! Every fairy tale needs a good old fashioned villain, right? Let’s get started. Here are my most hated antagonists/villains (in no particular order):
- Queen Levana from The Lunar Chronicles. Sigh. She is so.. Cringe-worthy. I don’t even know where to start. You can read my letter to Levana here. By the way, look at this pretty fanart! –>
- Umbridge from the Harry Potter series. How can you not hate Umbridge, I mean she tortures children!
- The antagonist (spoilers!) from Red Queen and Glass Sword. I used to really like him but then everything turned upside down and I hate him so much. I can’t even.
- Valentine from The Mortal Instruments. He is really annoying actually. His “I need power”-attitude is just too much.
- Mortmain from The Infernal Devices.
His clockwork army should keep away from my babies Tessa, Jem and Will!
- Dr. Golan from Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children. Creepy, check. Hollowgast, check. Stalker, check.
- President Snow from The Hunger Games. Ever since I read the books and saw the movies, my head immediately links white roses and the word “snow” with him. And I don’t like that!
- Wyatt Conley from The Firebird Trilogy (for some reason no-one uses that name, anyway Wyatt Conley from A Thousand Pieces of You and Ten Thousand Skies Above You). I have to say I don’t hate every version of him, but I hate most of them. I mean, he splintered Paul just to make Marguerite do stuff for him.
- Because I don’t know how to end this list I will continue with villains from Once
Upon A Time. There are so many villains in Once Upon A Time, you could fill the entire list with them. Anyway. Rumple from Once Upon A Time. There were times that I liked him, and there were times that I hated him. But every single time he goes back to being the villain, even if he tried to be the good guy.
- Peter Pan from Once Upon A Time. This is the only villain in Once Upon A Time that I hated a lot, because he did have absolutely no reason to be this way. He did not have some tragic backstory that explains why he has turned evil. Nothing. At all. And I just don’t understand him at all. I guess it’s in the family.
What is your most hated and most loved villain?